Creamy & Dreamy Tomato Fettuccini
Adapted from heart.org.
- 8 oz. uncooked, 100%, whole-wheat fettuccine
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 clove fresh, minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 2/3 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp. sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 14.5- oz. canned, low-sodium, diced tomatoes, undrained
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 15 min
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Spray 3-quart saucepan with cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to turn translucent (crisp-tender).
- Stir in remaining ingredients, breaking up tomatoes with spoon.
- Heat to a boil, reduce to low-heat and simmer uncovered 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened.
- Add pasta to sauce and toss.
Total Fat: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5 g
Monosaturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 7 mg
Sodium: 61 mg
Carbohydrates: 54 g
Fiber: 8 g
Sugars: 8 g