No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 2 cups (500 mL) low-fat granola cereal
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) crispy brown rice cereal
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dried cranberries or dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) honey
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- In large bowl, combine granola, rice cereal, oats, almonds and dried berries; set aside.
- In small saucepan, mix together honey, peanut butter, canola oil and vanilla over low heat and heat 5 minutes or until blended.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal mixture, stirring until coated. Press mixture into lightly greased 9 x 13 inch (22 x 33 cm) pan.
- Press mixture down tightly with wax paper.
- Cover and cool completely in pan in refrigerator at least 1 hour before slicing into 24 bars.
per serving (1 bar)
- Calories 115
- Protein 3 g
- Total Fat 5 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrates 15 g
- Fibre 2 g
- Sugars 9 g
- Added sugars 5 g
- Sodium 33 mg
- Potassium 23 mg
Retrieved from the Heart & Stroke Foundation.